Sunday 31 January 2016

Work of My Hands: Angular Scarf #1

So my newsagent had the 2016 Interweave Crochet Accessories magazine...




...and rather admired this Angular Scarf design by Darla J. Fanton (Ravelry link):

Angular-scarf-cross_small2

...and fished out a skein of Hawthorne Cottage  wool/nylon sock yarn (colourway 556, turquoise/grey) and a 4mm hook (yes, 4mm, the pattern recommends this and I'm going for a bit of drape.  I didn't swatch or try to achieve gauge, I'm just going to keep going till I'm up to yarn chicken time, and it will be the size it is)...


It's proving to be an easy pattern to remember and I'm making happy progress (I had to attend a number of meetings this week, and it came with me).

If your newsagent doesn't have the magazine, you can:

Truthfully, I have a bunch of WIPs.  I do crochet.  But it's good to share/record links to useful crochet things on this blog too, and there are waaaay more of them even than my rather epic collection of Works In Progress...

(I must do a Yarn Bowl post one day.  While I know there are beautiful timber/pottery artisan-made ones out there, I like repurposing op shop/Goodwill/Oxfam finds.  The one above is a small/medium size stainless steel mixing bowl.  Contains the yarn and lets it slide free very happily.)




Note: links are in US crochet terminology.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, thank you for understanding.